I’m pleased to announce I have a new book coming out soon, this time non-fiction.
It will be a short one, 100 pages, and will be available in paperback as well as an ebook.
I’ve written it for all those who’d love to know about the process of writing novels: whether they be aspiring writers, or simply keen readers who are curious about how novelists think up their ideas and go about creating fiction from them.
Here’s a taste of some of the topics I’ll cover in the course of the book:
- Universal themes in fiction
- Strategies to develop creative and imaginative writing
- How to create a novel that your readers won’t want to put down
- Three tips for creative works of realistic fiction
- How to know which point of view to use in a story
- How to develop villainous characteristic traits in your writing
- How can Carl Jung’s theory of archetypes help you in your creative writing?
- Inspiration for creative writers from artists
- Suggestions for writing the end of a novel
- Always on the outside looking in – does a bestselling novelist have a lesson to teach aspiring writers?
Each topic has a chapter to itself, and the book contains 33 chapters.
Here’s the blurb to whet your appetite:
How do you find courage and motivation when your novel sinks in the middle?
How do you stay focused as a writer despite all the setbacks and disappointments?
How can great artists, musicians and psychologists give you inspiration?
You’ll find the answer to these questions and many others in this book. SC Skillman offers deep insight into the faith and hope that is vital for one who walks the perilous path into the ‘promised land’ of the writing profession.
More soon when I’ll let you know the title and give you the cover reveal!